Blackboard MDC– MDC stands for Miami Dade College; it’s a public college situated in Miami, Florida. MDC is the largest college in the Florida College System and the second largest, with 100,000 plus students in the USA; it’s a public university with eight campuses and twenty-one outreach centers around the Miami-Dade Country. The college has gone through a series of changes in its names. The former names of the university include Dade Junior College, Miami Dade Junior College, and Miami Dade Community College. The Miami Dade College was established in the year 1959, and currently, Madeline Pumariega is holding the office of the President.
What is MDC?
Blackboard MDC is a web-based course management system designed to facilitate the students, teachers, and faculty members of Miami Dade College. It regularly contests activities to make the discussions between the students and teachers more interactive. The portal helps students and faculty members participate in online classes and equips them with online resources.
The Blackboard MDC is a platform created for online learning provided by MDC virtual college that creates course websites where the students and faculty members can communicate with each other and place content related to the specific courses. In a nutshell, the Blackboard MDC is aimed at making studies easy and fun. The Blackboard MDC ensures that due to online learning, students’ cognitive and personality development does not get hindered.
How to register for courses in MDC?
If you want to register for courses in MDC, then follow the below-given steps:-
- Firstly, navigate to the official website of Miami Dade College in your browser.
- Now, log into MDC connect.
- Select the enrollment icon; now, you will see a list; choose the term you want to enroll.
- Next, you have to select the criteria for the class search, and you have to choose as many criteria as you know and then tap on the search option.
- Click on the select button, you will find it next to the section you want to enroll in
- And then click next.
- You have to repeat the process for other courses by clicking on the option of search.
- When you are done with selecting all your classes, ‘proceed to step 2 of 3’.
- That’s it, now click on the option of ‘finish enrolling.’
Benefits of Blackboard MDC:-
Blackboard MDC is working as a platform between students and teachers to build accessible communication between them. The web portal is a doorway through which ideas, questions, and facts can easily be channelized with each other. Following are the benefits of Blackboard MDC.
- It is supplementary to manual school learning, so it’s a modern solution to a modern problem.
- Surpasses the boundation of time and place; you can access content through MDC Portal at any time from anywhere.
- With the use of Blackboard MDC, sharing files becomes easy, and it also maintains an electronic grade book.
- The Blackboard MDC portal provides you access to the library services of the college.
- All the study material and resources related to your subjects are available in one place.
- Faculty members can embed videos, classroom-related material, and multimedia the students need at instructional content and context.
How to register yourself into Blackboard MDC?
If you are looking forward to the instructions for registering yourself into Blackboard MDC, then here you go. In this article, I am providing you with the step-by-step guide for registering yourself into Blackboard MDC.
To register yourself into Blackboard MDC, follow the steps which are given below:-
- First of all, you need to register your account at the MDC web portal.
- Then, you need to access Blackboard through your MDC web portal.
- Now, navigate to https://mdc.blackboard.com in your browser.
- You for logging in, you need to have an MDC username and password.
- That’s all you have to do now; you can get access to all the services provided by the Blackboard MDC.
How to Log In Blackboard MDC through Laptop or PC:-
MDC allows you to get access to Blackboard MDC through both laptops or smartphones. If you want to log into Blackboard MDC then, follow the below-given instructions:-
- Firstly, open your browser and navigate to mdc.blackboard.com.
- Fill your username and password in their respective boxes.
- Now, click on the sign-in icon, and you will be able to access your course dashboard.
How to Login Blackboard MDC through Smart Phones?
Blackboard MDC has mobile apps through which students and faculty members can get access to Blackboard MDC. The mobile application of Blackboard MDC enables the faculty members and students to exploit and benefit from the services provided by on-the-go applications, which extend access to portal or tool availability whenever or wherever.
Blackboard now offers mobile learn and Bb student that allows students, teachers, and faculty members to utilize the various services and features of the Blackboard MDC and get online resources anytime from anywhere. It gives you quick access to plenty of helpful features and resources. Some of them include keeping an eye on your financial aids, having a glance at campus maps, planning your class, and also keeps you updated about critical and timely information.
To log into Blackboard MDC through smartphones, follow the below-given instructions:-
- Firstly open the google play store or Apple app store on your smartphones.
- Search for MDC Mobile Learn and Bb Student app.
- Once the app is installed, click on it and open the app.
- Now you will see the interface of login.
- Please enter your username and password in their respective columns.
- Click on the option of login.
- Once you Log in, the portal page will appear to you temporarily.
After logging in to the Blackboard mobile app, it will take you to the activity stream, where you will find updates about your courses.
Method of accessing your course in Blackboard MDC:-
To get access to your course in Blackboard MDC, follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- If you want to locate your online course in Blackboard MDC, then first log into a blackboard with the help of your Blackboard MDC username and password.
- Once you log in to the portal, you will see the homepage of your student portal. On the top right side corner of your home screen, you will see the ‘courses link’; click on the link to view all of your classes.
- Now, click on the course link that appears under ‘My Courses.’
- On the left side of your screen, you will find a menu bar; with the help of that menu bar, you can explore the content of your courses.
The online portal of Blackboard MDC allows the students to opt for an online course, pursue an entire four-year or two-year degree, or combine both of them with face-to-face courses.
What is Blackboard MDC Collaborate Ultra?
Talking about MDC Collaborate Ultra, it’s a web conferencing tool built directly into Blackboard; it facilitates you in the following ways:-
- It allows you to meet your instructor during office hours or synchronous class sessions.
- It helps you collaborate with your classmates, sharing screens, files, resources, and other content.
- It equips you with interactive tools made for an engaging web conference experience.
Procedure of Logging into Blackboard MDC Collaborate Ultra:-
The preferred browser for Blackboard MDC is Google chrome, it is not a mandatory browser, but if you are using some other browser for Blackboard MDC Collaborate Ultra, you may face some technical issues.
If you want to join the Blackboard Room Session, click on the link for your campus and then enter your first and last name; by doing this, you will be able to join the Blackboard room session.
Facilities served by Blackboard MDC:-
- It allows you to create group assignments and create tests in Blackboard learn.
- Blackboard MDC facilitates streamlined communication and also allows the students to check their progress cards in the classes.
- The Blackboard MDC contests different student surveys, and those surveys are read by the faculty members only.
- It works as a central location for students and teachers where students have their personalized study plans and have posted them on course discussion boards.
- The students can search for classes, check their financial aid status, see their past payments, register for classes, find important campus contacts, and browse their campus maps just through one platform.
- The Blackboard MDC gets students the latest news and events of campus with that it also helps them check their final grades, getting blackboard class information and information of their respective courses.
- The online portal also helps you in viewing your schedule and getting campus alerts and notifications.
- With the help of Blackboard MDC, the faculty can embed videos, websites, and multimedia within instructional content and contexts.
Features of Blackboard MDC:-
Following are the features of the Blackboard MDC:-
1. Course menu:
The Blackboard MDC allows the instructors to personalize their course menus to add or remove different content areas related to their course. It is essential to visit all the content areas mentioned in the course menu to familiarize yourself with the procedure of how the course is set up. The teachers can send the announcements to the students enrolled in their courses to alert students regarding changes, reminders, and upcoming events.
2. Course content:
With the help of Blackboard, you can learn to create a content area and select an option for the item. It also teaches you to paste texts and tables, insert an image, and link and format text in the content editor box. You can also learn to upload a single file using the browse function and multiple files by using the drag and drop operation with the help of the web portal.
3. Grading and grade center:
My Blackboard MDC lets you learn about the method of anonymous grading for a particular assignment and delegate grading responsibilities to another person. It teaches you to create categories, assign items in the grade center to a category, and assign weights to each category.
4.Tests and surveys:
With the feature of quizzes and surveys, the faculty evaluates students’ command over their course content and goals. The teacher gives point values to questions in a test. The portal allows students to submit their tests for grading, and the results are also listed there. The students can see their grades as soon as the faculty members make them accessible to students.
5.Blackboard MDC update 2019:
For enhancing its features, Blackboard has come up with the most recent upgrade, which includes technology changes, improved features, etc. with the new update, the teachers can keep track of student submissions, whether or not the effort or assignment gets deleted or the submission history is shifted. That’s because a submission receipt is recorded at the time of entry and contains information such as attached file info, date, time, etc.
Following are the upgrades of Blackboard 2019:-
- New instructor and student blackboard apps.
- Floating submits button.
- Drag and drop functionality.
- Assignment submission receipts.
- Send reminder feature.
- Blackboard analytics such as course level and student check my activity dashboard.
How to Contact Miami Dade College?
- Address: 300 NE 2ND Ave, Miami, FL 33132
- Contact no. (305) 237-8888
- Website: www.miami.edu
Faculty Help and Support:-
- Contact no. 305-237-3700
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Support Hours:-
- Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Student IT Help Desk:-
- Contact no. 305-237-3800
- E-mail : [email protected]
- Address: 300 NE 2 Avenue Site 7148
- Support hours:-
- Monday and Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday:8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q. Is there any online orientation available in MDC?
A. Yes, MDC virtual college offers you new student orientation, and the best part is that it is available to everyone for free, whether you are a prospective, new, or current MDC student.
Q. What are the benefits of MDC Online Learning?
A. Following are the benefits of MDC Online Learning:-
- The first benefit is that you can access your courses 24/7 from anywhere.
- Secondly, you can work on your assignments and projects at your pace, and according to your comfort, you need to meet the deadline for the assignments or projects.
And for doing all this, you need a stable internet connection and a laptop, PC, or smartphone.
Q. Is there any TV station at Miami Dade College?
A. Yes, Miami Dade College has a TV section it is called Miami Dade College Television (MDCTV); if you want any information regarding that or to watch online, visit http://www.mdc.edu/mdctv/
Q. How can I view my grades?
A. If you want to see your grades, you can view them on MDConnect.
Follow the below-given steps to view your grades:-
- First of all, log into MDConnect with the help of your username and password.
- Once you log in, go to the other academics drop-down list.
- Select course history. Now, you will be able to see your grades.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for applying to the honors college?
A. If you want to apply to the Honors College, then, firstly, you should be accepted as a First Time In College (FTIC) student in Miami Dade College seeking an Associate in Arts (AA) degree. A student can select AA degree pathway programs from the MDC website.
For admissions in MDC, the minimum GPA obligatory is 3.5, and the applicant must fulfill the Minimum Standardized Test scores. The students can submit multiple test scores from ACT, SAT, and ACCUPLACER Next Generation (NG) to satisfy the requirement mentioned above. After that, the admission committee will super score test scores it means they will consider the highest score achieved in each test.
Q. What are the terms covered by Presidential Scholars Program?
A. Well, the Presidential Scholars Program provides coverage for all the semesters, i.e., fall, spring, and summer. The recipients will also receive a stipend worth $500.00 during the fall and spring terms and will be awarded $ 250.00 during the summer term for living expenses. Remember that the mentioned stipend will be distributed only after the 100% refund deadline of each semester.
In this article, I tried to provide you with all the essential and required information about Blackboard MDC. If you still have any questions or questions, you can ask your concerns and queries in the comments; I will try to come back to you. You can also share your reading experience in the comment section; I will be happy to read that.
- mdc blackboard login
- mdc edu blackboard
- blackboard login mdc
- www blackboard mdc