Brightspace Purdue is a learning management system (LMS). It is used at Purdue University to provide a learning platform that will encourage those who care deeply about all learners. Brightspace is a centrally supported learning management system D2L.
The Brightspace platform is chosen by higher education institutions that aim to transform the learning experience for their students, faculty, and administration. Purdue University using Brightspace to enhance the learning experience. To know more about the workings of Brightspace Purdue, keep reading.
About Purdue University
The Management initially started the Purdue university building in 1871. Richard Owen was the first President of Purdue University. And he started his term in 1872. The University had started the classes with just six instructors and 39 students. It offers diverse courses in various majors. Currently, Purdue University’s international student enrollment is tops among U.S. public universities.
Does Purdue use Brightspace?
Yes, Purdue uses Brightspace to enhance the learning experience of its students and faculty. Brightspace is developed by D2L that smoothly supports instructional materials and student interactions.
Not only does Purdue university uses Brightspace, but it also provides faculty support for better understanding. If you face any query or difficulty while accessing your Brightspace account, you can go to the Student Resources page. It will certainly provide a valid and effective solution.
How to access Brightspace Purdue?
You can access Brightspace Purdue if you are one of the students, faculty members, or administration. To get access to Brightspace Purdue, you need to have a valid user ID and Password. With the help of a user ID and password, you can log in to Brightspace Purdue. If you don’t know how you can log in to your Purdue Brightspace account, then stay tuned.
The Purdue University’s website page provides the faculty with resources for the better usage of Brightspace. If you are a student of Purdue and looking for resources for Brightspace, you should check the student resources page from the IT services.
How to log in to Brightspace Purdue Login?
To log in to your Brightspace Purdue account, you must have a valid Username and Password. Eventually, You will need it to log in to your dashboard. There are few simple instructions you should follow to log in to Brightspace –
- Open your browser and navigate to purdue.brightspace.com.
- You will be asked to choose your campus to log in to your Purdue University Brights[ace account.
- After filling that in, You will be on the Login Page.
- Enter your username and password attentively.
- Tap on That says “ Sign In.”
- And now you have access to the Brightspace Purdue Learning management system.
I know these are pretty simple steps, but you must still follow each of them carefully. While typing in your User ID and password, make sure you are entering the right one. Otherwise, you will not be able to get access.
How to get access to Grade feedback in Purdue Brightspace?
Students receive Grade feedback for the assignments they have submitted. The assignments that are submitted on the Brightspace Purdue portal are Graded there only.
The feedback you receive is given via a rubric, written, audio, or a mixture of these.
Now, you must be thinking, what is Rubric?
So Rubrik is a scoring tool. It is used to represent the performance expectations for an assignment or piece of work that is assigned. This tool divides the assigned work into parts. And then provides a clear description of the characteristics of the work associated with each component.
To get access to your grade feedback in Purdue Brightspace, you must know a few steps. These steps are illustrated below –
- It would be best if you located the Assignments first. Select the assignments from the “Course Tools” from the drop-down menu of Brightspace Purdue.
- Once you are in your course assignment, you will see a list full of what you have submitted so far.
- You will see all of your submissions, grades, and feedback here.
- To access the feedback, you need to click on the “Read” or “UnRead” Button, right next to the feedback.
- Now navigate to the “Grades” section of your course.
- Scroll down to the discussion section of the course, and the system will present your feedback on the right side.
In some cases, an instructor may use a rubric tool to give specific feedback. If you want to access that feedback, it will appear in the Grades. You have to click on the “ View Graded Rubric” to see this specific feedback.
How to enable Brightspace Purdue notifications?
Brightspace Purdue wouldn’t send notifications and email updates automatically. For getting the regular update, you need to sign-up for notifications. This way, you wouldn’t miss any updates. Sign up for the notifications –
- Click on your name to appear near the top-right and then select notifications from the drop-down.
- Under the head contact method, select the email address you would like notifications sent. You can also register your Cell phone number if you like.
- To change your email address, click on “change your email settings”.
- Now select the frequency for which you like to receive email notifications.
- Under the instant notifications, select the elements you would like to be notified of.
- You need to scroll to the bottom of the page to customize the notification settings. Select “ Allow future courses to send me the notification”.
- Right after that, click on “Manage my course exclusions”. Only if there are some courses, you don’t want to get notified.
- Click Save, and you are done.
Brightspace is being used by Purdue university to improvise the experience of both faculty as well as students. But we faced some times where we struck during the procedure. I hope this article helped you to run out your tasks on Brightspace Purdue smoothly. If not, leave your query in the comments or go to the Brightspace Purdue faculty. It will surely assist you in getting your work done. Do let us know if you have any suggestions regarding the article.