GMU Blackboard– George Mason University has been a well-established institution in Fairfax country, Virginia, since 1972. This university provides education to more than 34 thousand students on each campus with several undergraduates, master’s degree, law, and doctoral degree courses. GMU is one of the most successful universities in the US that also provides education in schools or colleges. For better learning, GMU provides funds as scholarships for specific students.
GMU provides both credit/non-credit and vocational courses in both morning and evening and provides a wide range of virtual courses. George Mason University has won two times Nobel prizes in the field of economics. It has four major campuses based in the commonwealth of Virginia in the US and also has authorization with the commission of colleges of the southern association of colleges and schools and is widely known for its quality education, whether it’s an online virtual course or traditional teaching.
What is GMU Blackboard?
GMU Blackboard is a specimen of online learning and a key to access all the latest announcements of GMU, about your courses, about university news, all about your academics, your payment status, and all. It is a type of new teaching method for the instructor and provided for the students of GMU. GMU Blackboard is a quick and very flexible way of communication between instructors or students. Here, students can do their homework online, share their assignments, and connect their instructor and classmates just in few taps. You can call GMU Blackboard learning a virtual classroom system (VCS) or learning management system (LMS)
You are on the right page if you are browsing relevant information on GMU BLACKBOARD or GMU blackboard login or guide. Here you will get all info related to GMU Blackboard with a clear point.
The procedure of GMU Blackboard login
Every student and instructor of GMU has been provided with a specific username and password by which they can access their online account. And if you do not have your GMU id, you can log in with your referral ID as a guest or non GMU user :
- First thing first visits GMU’s official blackboard portal, or myMasson portal go along with https://mymasonportal.gmu.edu/webapps/login/?action=relogin.
- Next, click on the big green login box, the “mason Bb login” box.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your GMU blackboard NET ID or Username and Password given by your university.
- Enter correctly and tap on the login button.
- Once you’ve logged in, you can access your official account and check anything as per your requirements like courses or study material, assignments, etc.
- Suppose you are facing any difficulties while login GMU blackboard account, you can contact the help desk or IT support. Or click on the “need help’ link. If you are logging through desktop or laptop, I advise you to use chrome or firefox.
- Don’t forget to log out after you’ve done with your work.
How to reset or change GMU Blackboard Password?
The Password is used to access most mason systems like patriot web, myMason, and expires every six months. You will be informed when your Password is going to expire, and It is very common nowadays that we always forget our Password; in any case, if you want to change your expired password or change password for another reason or want to get forgot password, you only have to follow some few steps given below. You don’t have to worry. Here are given a few steps to recover your password again. Just follow the instruction :
- While login you can see an option “forgot your password’ given right side of your screen, tap on that.
- Once you’ve taped, a new page will open on your screen to change your MasonLive Password.
- Tap on the “expired/forgotten password” link given below the screen
- Next, you will get three options to reset or get your Password
Use a temporary claim code.
- Click on “send me a claim code” If you want a temporary claim code to your alternate email address on file.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your G number, For example, G34567784 (if you forgot your G number, click on the link above the screen as “Where do I find my G number” or scroll down and look out what is G number.)
- Enter your date of birth, And click on continue.
- If you already have a claim code, click on “I already have a claim code”.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your G number or claim code. Enter correctly and tap the option continue.
- Your password will be sent to your alternate email address on file. Check out your email, and if got any issues, you may email [email protected] or may call at (703)993-8870
Answer security question
- If you want to get your Password by asking security questions; you’ve set before, click on “ask me a security question”.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your G number and tap on continue.
- You will be asked some security questions which you’ve set before. Answer all correctly, and your Password will be shown.
Still unable to reset your password.
If you are still unable to get your Password, you can try another way
- You can submit a secure electronic request through an external website.
- You can also fax or mail a paper request to the university.
- You can go to the ITS support center. Don’t forget to take your valid photo ID, mason Id, driver’s license, or passport.
- Before going to campus, you must check the support centers location and hours.
What is G Number?
G number is a unique mason identification number given by your university to all the students, instructors, or faculty of the university. Students can see their G number on their photo Id card.
What is a Claim code?
It is a six-digit or character code that you will get through the ITS support center or administering department. This code is used with G Number on the password management site to get your Net ID or Password.
What is Mason NetID?
It is a unique personal identity of every student to access all online system that uses the patriot pass password management system. It is your login key to many university computing and networking services and determines your mason email address. The mason Net ID, or you can call it your username, is entered along with a password to access various online Mason systems.
Mason NetId and your G number are not the same; both are different and contain no personal information.
To find out Who you are? Many important, secure university services will ask for your Mason NETID and use your Password to verify that you are who you say you are.
Do I have to change my patriot pass Password?
Yes, when your current Password expires, you must have to change your Password. GMU Blackboard will be sent you a message to inform you before 30days of your password expiration date.
This page elaborate all about GMU Blackboard login guide , If still you have any issues you can comment below. We are always here to assist you and glad to help you.
Also read :